Confessions of a Junk Food Junkie

Confessions of a Junk Food Junkie

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Confession:

I'm a soon-to-be 34 year old, organically inclined woman who has been battling junk food junky-inism all my life! I've just been told, for the umpteenth time, what I have known for years: I HAVE A JUNK FOOD ADDICTION.

This is a page dedicated to anyone who is in the same boat, desperately trying to get out, or anyone who just wants to support someone going through this issue.

My Goal: Eat healthier. Lose weight. Break the addiction.
Weight loss Goal: 55 lbs.

MUSTS (as instructed by my doctor): "Protein with every meal. Five handfuls of veggies per day (50% of diet). Limit starches to no more than size of protein. Avoid wheat, sugar, juices, soda and alcohol."

***These guidelines are specific to me and my blood tests results, etc.

I won't lie, this will be hard. I've attempted this before and I have failed, failed and failed again. I was able to lose 30 lbs once and I gained it back with a vengeance.

What's different this time?

The "I wills" are as follows: This time I will be using every support system I can find. I will apply the above guidelines to my online Weight Watchers program and count points, while making these healthy diet changes. I will workout daily (even if I only have time for 5 minutes of jumping jacks!) I will check in with friends, family and supporters throughout the day, with progress reports on this page and I will possibly start a blog. I will share recipes, quick tips, ups and downs, dos and donts as I learn them and any other things I can share. This will help, not only with accountability, but will also provide support to fellow dieters!

The "I wonts" are as follows: I WON'T give up! I won't be too hard on myself if/ when I fall short. I won't skip a day of checking in, unless it is a situation beyond my control. I won't criticise anyone's recommendations, support or questions.

If you are struggling with your weight and need a little extra support, some ideas and someone who knows where you are, where you've been and what you are going through; or if you are a person who just wants to support, offer advice to or follow up on someone like me, then please feel free to comment and post anything you like.

Thank you in advance for your help and for being a part of this support system for me and for each other. We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment