I have at least two salads a day, with homemade vinaigrette (sweetened with Xylitol), protein with every meal, little to no sugar and I stay as gluten free as possible. The only grains I'm doing are Scottish oatmeal and brown rice (making sure I eat an equal amount of protein with every grain).
I choose organic foods and stay low fat on my dairy. In my coffee, I do "Coffee-Mate, light (the plain powder) and Xylitol.
For desserts I've made no bake cookies with cocoa powder, fat free milk, Xylitol, Scottish oats and a dab of peanut butter. I also made an easy chocolate mousse with organic heavy whipping cream, Xylitol and cocoa powder, over sliced strawberries (that's my fave!)
I love Fage yogurt (found in the organic section) with sliced strawberries and Xylitol mixed in too. Just a few ideas. My mom made a really good sweet and sour chicken with rice pilaf on the side. We made the sauce with Xylitol too.
The key for me is being as gluten and sugar free as I can, while also watching fat and calories and adding lots of fiber (I like the PGX supplement for fiber).
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment