Confessions of a Junk Food Junkie

Confessions of a Junk Food Junkie

Friday, May 14, 2010

Thanks a Maté!

My new obsession:

I'm revisiting an old friend. Aviva Yerba Maté



Before I started getting acne, I was enjoying "Shaman Tea" quite regularly, from College Coffee House which is the Aviva Yerba Maté tea, with white chocolate. I stopped drinking them, thinking the white chocolate was contributing to my recent acne breakout (if you can even call it that, more like the "peperoni special" on my face).

Well, I knew the tea itself is good for me, and much better for me than coffee, but I never knew just how good it really is. And besides, I was convinced I wouldn't like the flavor as much without the white chocolate. But, I have tried it with my cream and Xylitol and find that I hardly miss the offensive white chocolate!

I usually brew the tea right through my coffeemaker, using a regular coffee filter. You can also use a coffee press or a tea strainer (but I find the tea is a little too fine and much of it will seep out of the strainer.

Here is some info about the product and the benefits, that I found online.

Happy drinking!


My Mate World

Aviva Yerba Maté Benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment